Below are the detail about the product Butalex Injection
Butalex is a clear ruby-red solution for the treatment of Theileriosis in cattle.
Each ml contains; 50 mg Buparvaquone.
For the treatment of theileriosis (East Coast Fever, January Disease ,Corridor disease, Tropical theileriosis etc) in cattle caused by Theileria parva, T. annulata, T. mutans, and T. orientalis. Active against both the schizonts and piroplasms stages of Theileria and may be used during the incubation period of the disease or when clinical signs are apparent.
Dosage and administration
- A single dose of 1ml per 20kg bodyweight. (2.5mg buparvaquone/ kg bodyweight).
- In severe and advanced cases, a second treatment may be required at 48-72 hrs after the initial injection at the same dose rate.
Route of administration –
- Intramuscular injection into the neck muscles.
- Avoid wet or dirty areas of the skin.
- No more than 10ml should be injected into a single site.
- Butalex should never be given by intravenous or subcutaneous injection.
- Localized, painless, edematous swelling may occasionally be at the injection site.
- Theileriosis has severe depressant effects on the immune system. Therefore it is recommended that any vaccination be delayed until the animal has recovered.
- Store below 25°C, protected from light.
- Do not freeze.
20 ml in multi dose glass vial
looking for some more medicines for your pet may need browser here.
to know more about the products related to vaccination,feed and accessories kindly visit our Facebook page